Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The joys of mother hood

I have a very active 3 yr old daughter and an equally active  4 yr old son. As well as a 5 mos old Shepard -black lab mix. my life could be a number 1# reality show.  My son has a very vivid and active imagination many times a day I find myself being told that I am something else like a fire truck or a race car. I love every minute of being a mom and have found that it is difficult to parent a child with an amazing wit and sense of humor. Don't believe me well stick around you soon will. So I recently was blessed by being able to stay home with my children after several years of working 50-80 hrs a week. Starting this new place in my life i realized that a few behavioral problems had popped up with my children, and my husband and i had been too busy to notice. I  immediately began administering discipline to correct these errant ways and what was my reward you ask well my son turned and looked at me and said in a great huff "We need to find you another job cause these all these rules are for the birds , and not the pretty ones" As I sent my son to the corner and bit my tongue so I would not laugh my wonderful puppy peed on a basket of clean freshly folded clothes. I was ready at that moment to go back to work. I went from having 60 employees under me too having a 4 yr old tell me off and cleaning dog pee.
The next day of my new found stay at home mom status My beautiful daughter informed me that Aunt Rachel was a better cook and could I call and get her cookie recipe. Then she painted herself with magic marker as I cleaned up dog pee. By then her brother was in rare form and informed me that I was a cowboy and could I make him beans for lunch. Beans I thought wow very healthy I can do this I fixed the wanted beans and proceeded to scrub floors. I soon discovered why my son wanted beans as he began to fart in my daughters face and laugh hysterically. He was so proud as he said "Mommy beans make me fart!" and with that he tooted in my face and said "you can have that!" I then had a nice discussion with my son about manners and etiquette and personal space. I sealed the discussion with no TV for the remainder of the day. And as this was happening yep you guessed it ............The dog peed!

No comments:

Post a Comment